Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We are Back : (

Hi Everyone!!!!!

Well we got back last night , and what can I say our trip was amazing, romantic everything that we could have asked for!
On our 25th anniversary Dante and I started off the day getting a massage together...the spa was beautiful!!! we then went to lunch had a great day at the beach, had wonderful conversation, without any INTERUPTIONS from our little ones : ) Later that day as we were going to our room, I noticed rose petals in front of our door..when I entered the room I could not believe what my Husband has pulled off....There were rose petals everywhere on the bed on the floor , there was a bubble bath .....surrounded by candels and petals in the tub....the most beautiful flower arrangement in the room that he had ordered the day before......who knew my husband had it in him...... later that night we ate dinner in our room and just enjoyed eachothers company , thats private : O

Being together with someone for 25 years is something that we are both very proud of....sure we have our problems, who does not.....however, what I know is that n o matter how bad times can get or what obstacles we have faced, Dante is the man for me......No marriage is perfect...although many of you think ours is....it takes hard work, commitment and Love and that is something that I am proud to say we both have for eachother....sometimes we forget the thing that brought us together, or the quality in that person that made you fall in love with them ....sometimes, you just need to reconnect and find in that person the thing that attracted you to them in the first place... Sometimes, you have to stop being Mommy and daddy, and just be Carmen and Dante,,,,, And what I found is that Dante and I love eachother as much today as we did 25 years ago.....and that is something that I am proud of....although, sometimes I do want to kill him : )

Carmen

3 comments:

bob and tina said...

Welcome Back. I am soooooo jealous! The surroundings look beautiful and what a great place to celebrate a quarter of a century together. Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed yourself as grownups without having to be mommy and daddy. Love the kids but adult time is needed too! And let me just say, Dante I always knew you were the romantic type and Carmen, you are one lucky lady. Dante, you are a lucky man as well. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and are back home safe and sound. We miss you all and hope to see you soon.

MacMui Mom said...

Sounds like a pretty amazing trip! You guys are the best! Tell Dante I am sooo impressed. Maybe he can give Eddie a pointer or two. Missed you when we were in NY. Hopefully we can hook up this summer. Hugs to all of you!!!

bob and tina said...

Sounds like a fantastic, relaxing, romantic get away for the two of you...!!! Dante, you are setting the bar HIGH for the rest of us husbands...!! Tina is already asking what we are doing for our 10 year anniversary...and its not to next year..!!! Congrats....